You can rent an item for either one occasion or one month, depending on what the lender has selected in the listing. One occasion is for a period of 5 days.
How to rent an item:
- Browse hundreds of your favourite brands from our fashion-loving community on the AirRobe marketplace.
- When renting an item for one occasion, enter the date of your event in the 'from' field and the following day in the 'to" field. This will automatically calculate the payment for one occasion. Please note, if you select 5 days in the calendar, you will be charged for 5 occasions (25 days).
- Choose your delivery method (if applicable i.e. pick-up is available).
- Select ‘Rent’ and log in to your account or follow the simple instructions to create an account.
- Add your payment and delivery details.
- The lender has 3 calendar days to accept or decline the transaction. If the lender does not respond, the transaction will be automatically declined after 3 days. You will be charged only if the lender accepts the transaction.
- Once accepted, wait for your item to arrive. The lender will send you the item at least one day before your event.
- When your item arrives, please mark your order as received so that we can release the payment to the seller. Or let us know if "There's a problem with an order" prior to the date of the event.
The listing will also state who is responsible for dry-cleaning the item and if try-on is available or not. Try-on refers to the borrower being able to try on the item before purchasing.
If the borrower is responsible for dry-cleaning the item, please ensure it is dry-cleaned before returning. If not appropriately dry-cleaned you will be charged an additional cost to cover the cost of cleaning.
Both lenders and borrowers must ensure that items are sent and returned in a timely manner. If the item does not arrive by the day of your event, you are entitled to a full refund once the item has been returned to the lender. Let us know "There's a problem with an order" if the item was not delivered on time. If you do not return the item to the lender on time, you will be charged an additional rental cost for each rental period (either one occasion or one month) that the item is not returned, up to the RRP cost of the item.
Damage to rental items
If an item is returned damaged you will be charged an additional cost up to the RRP of the item. The amount charged will depend on whether the item is still considered wearable, or if it is damaged beyond repair. If the full RRP cost of the item is charged the borrower can request the item is re-sent to them.