|TIP: Make sure you have set up your bank details in the "Get Paid" section in Settings, so that buyers are able to purchase your items.|
How to list an item for rent
- Log into your AirRobe account and select "My wardrobe".
- Find the item that you want to rent and click "Rent".
- Fill out the below details about your item.
Be as honest as possible so that the buyer is clear about what they are renting and the transaction is straight forward. If there are any flaws, make sure you document them.
You can select:
- New with Tags: The item is brand new, has original tags and shows no visible signs of wear.
- New without Tags: The items is brand new but does not come with tags.
- Like new: The item may have been worn but has no visible signs of wear.
- Gently used, no obvious signs of wear: The item has unnoticeable signs of wear.
- Well loved, visible signs of wear: There are noticeable signs of wear which must be indicated in the condition notes.
If the item is not "New" or "Like new", be sure to add your own photos and some notes about the item condition so buyers know exactly what they are getting.
Choose the rental price and rental period.
- The rental period can either be one one occasion or one month. One occasion is for a period of 5 days.
- Choose a price based on the value of the item and the length of the rental price. Setting a fair price will help the item to be rented. Is it from a sought-after brand or is this style currently trending? Take some time to research rental prices for similar items.
- There's no need to add a currency sign beside the price, just select the currency from the dropdown list.
- We have a minimum rental price of $20 as we have found that items below this threshold tend not to be of high enough quality for rent.
You can decide if you want shipping included in the selling price or if you want to charge an additional amount to cover the shipping cost. We find that buyers are more likely to rent items when shipping is included in the overall price which is why we pre-select if for you, but you can choose to turn this off and charge an additional shipping fee.
Select whether the borrower is responsible for dry-cleaning the item before returning it to you or if you'd prefer to dry-clean it and include that cost in the rental price.
Choose whether try-on is available or not. Try-on is refers to the borrower being able to try the item on before purchasing.
Select whether you'll post the item, allow pick-ups, or both. If selecting try-on availability, then you will need to also allow pick-ups.
Enter your location so buyers know what suburb you're in. This helps buyers to better understand how long it will take for their item to arrive.
List Your Item
That's it, your listing is ready! Every repurposed item is reviewed by our team to ensure it fits within AirRobe’s collection criteria. It may take up to 48 hours to be approved and edited. If there are any issues we will contact you. Sometimes we'll ask for some more information or proof of purchase such as an invoice, certificate, sales receipt, or proof of authenticity. Once approved your item is live on the AirRobe marketplace and you’ll be notified when you have a buyer.